[vtkusers] VTK and MFC message handlers

Iván M imacoli at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 24 07:18:12 EDT 2003

Dear VTK users:

Im working on an MFC dialog based application that uses an
vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow whose parent is a CWnd derived window placed in
the dialog. In this class I have also declared a
vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor object that is working fine.

Now I want to write a message handler for OnMouseMove() in the CWnd derived
class which should do some processing and then call
vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor::OnMouseMove(). The problem is that the CWnd
derived window is not receiving WM_MOUSEMOVE messages because these are
being managed by the vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow placed over it. The same
happens if I implement a message handler for OnMouseMove in the MFC SDI
example.

I have tried to make the vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow a bit smaller than the
CWnd derived window and as I expected the latter receives the WM_MOUSEMOVE
messages in the area not occupied by the render window. Any idea how to
solve this?

Thanks in advance