[vtkusers] Multiple instances of vtkPropPicker

Janna balling at diego.sci.utah.edu
Fri Jul 18 17:56:43 EDT 2003

Does anyone have a solution to the problem or an explanation of why it occurs?

I want to declare more than one vtkPropPicker in a process.  Each propPicker would have a
separate renderer and renderwindow.  I tried the following (where labelPick is my own procedure
for displaying text with a picked actor):

vtkRenderer  renderer1-->vtkRenderWindow  renWin1-->vtkRenderWindowInteractor  iren1-->
vtkPropPicker   picker1
   picker1 AddObserver EndPickEvent labelPick;
iren1   SetPicker   picker1

vtkRenderer  renderer2-->vtkRenderWindow  renWin2-->vtkRenderWindowInteractor  iren2-->
vtkPropPicker   picker2
   picker2 AddObserver EndPickEvent labelPick;
iren2   SetPicker   picker2

This doesn't work though.  The compiler doesn't complain about creating multiple instances, but
when I run the code, only the second instance of vtkPropPicker works.

Does anyone have a solution to the problem or an explanation of why it occurs?

Janna Balling
SCI Institute, University of Utah
balling at sci.utah.edu