[vtkusers] Java Bindings and GL contexts

Fogarty Ryan B NPRI FogartyRB at Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil
Fri Jul 18 14:40:05 EDT 2003

possible newbie questions... anyone know if there is a working and actively developed Java binding for VTK? Also, any one try substititing the GL contexts (state machine, device and rendering) that VTK addresses? Specifically I am wondering how and if I can take VTK and integrate it with other GL technologies like OSG/VTP. As for the Java thing... my boss wants me to attempt a marriage of Java3D (yeah substituting its GL context may be interesting as well), X3D and OpenGL/OSG... crazy I know.

TIA,
Ryan