[vtkusers] Problem in VTK with JAVA on Redhat Linux9

Jeff Lee jeff at cdnorthamerica.com
Thu Jul 17 06:35:03 EDT 2003

sounds like the jar was built from one distribution, and you are trying
to use it with another version of vtk that you built.  if the interface
for vtkRenderWindow changed between versions, then the wrapper may
generate different jni stubs depending on the ordering/number of
methods.  in general, vtk.jar is linked intimately to the build because
it calls native methods - you cannot expect to use it with a different
version of vtk.
-Jeff