AW: [vtkusers] VTK and QT tested on Mac

Carsten Kübler kuebler at ira.uka.de
Tue Jul 15 07:52:56 EDT 2003

Hello,

> Have a look at vtkQGLLight.h line 30, you will see
>
> class VTK_RENDERING_EXPORT vtkQGLLight : public vtkOpenGLLight
>
> The macro VTK_RENDERING_EXPORT is a Windows specific macro defined in
> vtkWin32Header.h by
>
>      #if defined(vtkRendering_EXPORTS)
>       #define VTK_RENDERING_EXPORT __declspec( dllexport )
>      #else
>       #define VTK_RENDERING_EXPORT __declspec( dllimport )
>      #endif
>
> On the other system it expands to nothing.
>
> On Windows you must explicitly export the classes and the global functions
> which you want to be publicly accessible.  So if vtkRendering_EXPORTS is
> defined, then you explicitly export vtkQGLLight.  Otherwise you don't.

Only for a dll. We usually build a static lib.

Thanks this is a known bug which I hadn't fixed in the zip. So I updated the
.zip files with our current version.

> However I think that it should be better if vtk_qt use its own macro to
> export its own classes and functions.  This macro should also be
> added to the other classes.
Yes, the library had to use its own macro. Our standard is at the moment
to build libs and not dlls. If we changed to build dlls (for all versions)
I will release new zip files.

Carsten