[vtkusers] old subject on GUI with VTK

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Tue Jul 1 13:51:01 EDT 2003

You may want to look at Kitware's open-source ParaView (paraview.org)
system. It is designed to support large data visualization on
multi-processor platforms but works just great on a single processor
platform. While the current official release is 0.6, a new release will be
appearing very soon. Other good news is that it is funded by several US
national labs and other research organizations so it has a long happy life
ahead of it.  I use it frequently to prototype and debug VTK applications
since it can produce VTK scripts. ParaView can also be tailored using XML
so that you can change the GUI, add filters, etc. A mailing list is
available at http://public.kitware.com/mailman/listinfo/paraview.

Will

At 04:17 PM 7/1/2003 +0100, Jean-Christophe Penalva wrote:

>   Hello,
>
>   i look for a GUI to work with VTK. In some old mails, there're a lot of
>idea (QT, wxWindows, fltk, VTKDB, XML ... VTKBuilder ) but what exist today ?
>There're some old product, but they are "old" and with no modifications for a
>long time !
>
>   Is there anybody working on this subject ? Is there an opensource project
>somewhere ?
>
>   Thank you.

William J. Schroeder, Ph.D.
Kitware, Inc.