[vtkusers] dyld: vtk can't open library: & TCLLIBPATH

roch at rogue-research.com roch at rogue-research.com
Fri Jan 31 14:13:27 EST 2003

Hello,

I recently compiles vtk in OS X with TCL wrapping turned on. I have my
source directory on an external drive, and after the original
compilation, much of vtk ran including some *(but not all) of the tcl
demos. After some testing, I ran make install to copy the binaries into
their proper place in /usr/local/bin/vtk and /usr/local/lib/vtk. It all
looks like it is there, and I changed TCLLIBPATH to /usr/local/lib/vtk.
When I try to run vtk (without the external drive connected), I get the
following error:

dyld: vtk can't open library:
/Volumes/PocketDrive/Developer/vtk/osxBin/bin/libvtkCommonTCL.dylib
(No such file or directory, errno = 2)
Trace/BPT trap

Can someone tell me why it is insisting to look at the old path, when
from what I understand, TCLLIBPATH should have told vtk to look at
/usr/local/lib/vtk?

Thanks,

Roch