[vtkusers] vtk, MFC , interaction

Nigel Nunn nNunn at ausport.gov.au
Thu Jan 30 08:11:08 EST 2003

> Can you tell me what's wrong?

Four MFC CViews driving two 3D APIs is non-trivial  :-)
As you've noticed, there are a few MFC steps required to
tie together Renderers, RenderWindows and Interactors...
and a few variations on how to do this.  Which MFC example
from which version of Vtk have you used to get this far?

impressed,
Nigel

--- lydia_coin3d at yahoo.fr wrote ---

> In my application, I need to display 2d medical images
> (in 3 oientations) using MFC view and inventor (coin3d)
> API.  in the fourth view, I need to display the 3D model
> and interact with it.
>
> I create a  CMDIChildWnd (like for the 3 windows of coin3d)
> and add a view to it like in CVtkSDIView. at the display time,
> it displays the sphere of the VtkSDI example but if I move
> the window, the sphere disappear ( no active rendering) and
> there is no mouse interaction .
>
> If I create another  CMDIChildWnd frame with the same methods
> and add the same view, it works for both windows. Both windows
> display the sphere and both windows accept mouse interaction
>
> Can you tell me what's wrong?

Don't miss out on Our Sporting Future - early bird registrations close on February 7! The premier sport development forum in 2003 will be held in Melbourne from March 12-14 2003.  Developed by the Australian Sports Commission to examine contemporary issues and explore growth opportunities in sport, the forum will investigate what needs to be done in sport at all levels to build a relevant, sustainable and progressive industry in the 21st century. For more information or to register on-line, go to http://www.oursportingfuture.im.com.au or call 07 3858 5579.

confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of
this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please delete it
and notify the sender.

Keep up to date with what's happening in Australian sport.
Visit http://www.ausport.gov.au