[vtkusers] Building vtkLocal (or vtkMy?) on OS X for Python

Robb Brown brownr at ucalgary.ca
Fri Jan 24 14:38:42 EST 2003

Does anybody know if this works?  When I try to build vtkLocal I get
an error that no library can be found for vtkCommonPython.  This
isn't terribly surprising because libvtkCommonPython is a .so instead
of a .dylib.  If I comment out this line:

TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(${PROJECT_NAME}Python vtkCommonPython

in the CmakeLists.txt the project builds and links (I get both my
.dylib and .so) but Python can't import the module (ImportError:
Failure linking new module).

Does vtkLocal need to link against the .so's?  If so, how can I tell
the linker that .so is a valid library?

Also, which is the correct system to be using - vtkLocal or vtkMy?

Thanks,

Robb