[vtkusers] problem with vtkConeSource & SetDirection(float, float, float)

Mathieu Malaterre malat at free.fr
Fri Jan 24 07:17:28 EST 2003

Hi Henry,
  This might be too late. Anyway, I think you are using VTK 4.0 whereas you need
a CVS version of vtkConeSource to do the trick
Have a look at:
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/VTK/Graphics/vtkConeSource.cxx?rev=1.59&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

SetDirection was added only on Sat Mar 30 17:50:26 2002

HTH
mathieu

En réponse à Henry Zhang <henry.zhang at ualberta.ca>:

> Hello, there,
>
> I want to set the direction of vtkConeSource using the function
> SetDirection(float,float,float) which appears in the documentation.
>
> However, whenever, I call it (in Java), I always get the error
> "can not resolve the method SetDirection(....)".
>
> Could anyone tell me how to solve this problem?
>
> My code is listed as follow
>
> vtkConeSource coneSource=new vtkConeSource();
> coneSource.SetDirection(1.0f,0.0f,0.0f);
>

> Thanks!
> Henry

I feel like a one-legged man in a butt kicking contest...