[vtkusers] Cross-compiling VTK CVS using CMake

Vincent Nicolas vincent.nicolas at tele.ucl.ac.be
Wed Jan 22 11:12:53 EST 2003

Hi,

I've succesfully cross-compiled VTK nightly with CMake and MinGW under Linux. I prefer MinGW to Cygwin because it's completely OpenSource, even for commercial products, and it links angainst msvcrt.dll, which assure "linkage compatibility" with Visual Studio binaries (almost all windows-libraries are compiled with VS).

I've made two scripts for compiling VTK, which allow the use of CMake, I don't think CMake support host/target system.
Here's my freshly created webpage about that :	http://www.tele.ucl.ac.be/~nicovic

Hope it will help !

Vincent Nicolas.