[vtkusers] How to Link Render Windows?

Alex Lear alear at cns.montana.edu
Tue Jan 21 18:06:42 EST 2003

I would like to create 3 render windows that show (1)front, (2)side, and
(3)top views just like the X-Y-Z views of a 3d window.  I'd like to have the
interaction of any window affect the actors of that window and in turn show
up in the other windows.

I pretty sure this is possible but I am having difficulty finding specific
information on getting this going.  Is it as simple as associating the same
renderer with each window?

I have tried something like this without success:
"
FirstRenderWindow->AddRenderer(MainRenderer);
SecondRenderWindow->AddRenderer(MainRenderer);
ThirdRenderWindow->AddRenderer(MainRenderer);
"

I am comfortable with VTK so I just need to be pointed in the right direction.

Using: VTK 4.0, Redhat Linux 7.2, C++

Thanks,
Alex Lear