[vtkusers] lib or dll?

sbe sbe at harfangmicro.com
Mon Jan 20 10:45:12 EST 2003

thank you for your help but it did not work, it looks like the header force to do a dynamic link?!

if you look in vtkwin32header.h:

it include vtkconfigure.h which has:

#define BUILD_SHARED_LIBS
#ifdef BUILD_SHARED_LIBS
#define VTKDLL
#else
#define VTKSTATIC
#endif

then back to vtkwin32header.h:

#if defined(WIN32) && !defined(VTKSTATIC)
 #define VTK_EXPORT __declspec( dllexport )

#else

 #define VTK_COMMON_EXPORT

so, I don't know which these are doing there? even if I comment out the BUILD_SHARED_LIBS and leave VTK_STATIC, it still search for dll (I did rename vtkcommon.dll to vtkcommon2.dll to test that).

Anyways, that's not my main problem, but if it could be solve, I would appreciate any help!
thank you.