[vtkusers] Filled circle glyphs instead of spheres

Craig N. Scott craig.scott at csiro.au
Sun Jan 19 19:37:02 EST 2003

Hi all. I have data sets consisting of a potentially large number of
points. As a first step, I want to simply view these points in space as
filled circles of a set radius. I can use vtkSphereSource to render all
points as spheres and the result looks nice, but this is overkill and
gets way too expensive for large data sets. I don't need the complexity
of spheres, just circles drawn in the viewing plane regardless of the
camera orientation. Any ideas on an easy way to do this?

This would seem to me like a common request (think: quick-and-dirty
rendering of particles or molecules), so my apologies if this has been
asked before. I could find no easy solution in the User's Guide nor from
a quick glance through the search facility.

Thanks in advance.

--
Dr Craig Scott, CSIRO (CMIS)
Melbourne, Australia