[vtkusers] FLTK GUI Building with fluid and vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at its.tudelft.nl
Sun Jan 19 13:58:50 EST 2003

On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 04:43:16PM -0200, Lucas Peetz Dulley wrote:
> I'm so happy I found the vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor class... :)

I'm glad you're happy. ;)

> Whats the best way to do it?

As always, there is no best way.

> Should I use it directly? (like in a fl_box.. CubeView fltk example?)
> Should I Subclass it?
> ShouId I do a subclass of Fl_Gl_Window and use
> vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor as a member??
> Should I do something else????

I create a class in Fluid that contains all the visual elements, including
the containing window and the vtkFLRWI.  In my C++ code, I have another
class that instantiates the Fluid-created class and controls it.  This way
is flexible and keeps the UI code and program logic nice and separate.