[vtkusers] 3d realtime rendering

Merlijn Simonse merlijn.simonse at iww.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jan 17 09:46:23 EST 2003

Hello,

For a project at the university in Freiburg (Institute for Forest Growth) we
are searching for a suitable class library to visualise trees, shrubs and
leafs. In less detail we also want to show parts of the forest. We don't
want to use models of trees, but all trees and shrub positions are measured.
Besides visualising the data we also want to be able to walk trough the
forest. Is it possible with VTK to do this real-time rendering with
different levels of detail and are there any examples or demos available
that show this. (e.g. city models).

We are quite convinced of the possibilities of VTK, but like to see an
example of some geographical data.

Thanks in advance

Merlijn Simonse

Institut für Waldwachstum/