[vtkusers] Problems with vtkTkRenderWidget

hhiraki at lab.nig.ac.jp hhiraki at lab.nig.ac.jp
Fri Jan 17 09:23:43 EST 2003

Hello Jose,
I have found some problems on destroying a vtkTkRenderWidget
in Tcl/Tk on linux, too. Though they may not be same as yours,
I hope these workarounds help you.

1. "[$renWin GetInteractor] Delete" is required if the
   vtkGenericRenderWindowInteractor is created implicitly in
   ::vtk::bind_tk_render_widget.
2. "$renWin MakeCurrent" is sometimes required (maybe when
   the vtkRenderWindow is created implicitly in the widget).
3. "rename $widget {}" is required as "destroy $widget" is
   not enough to remove the command.

# Hello Sebastien,
# I think vtkRenderWindow and vtkGenericRenderWindowInteractor
# shouldn't be settable parameters but be integrated parts of
# vtkTkRenderWidget sharing their lives with the widget.
# How do you think?

Hideaki Hiraki