[vtkusers] tracing the execution of vtkContourFilter

Sebastien MARAUX maraux at ondim.fr
Thu Jan 16 04:51:04 EST 2003

Do you really put a breakpoint in a .h file ?
Shouldn't you put it in the cxx file instead ?

You could set debug on for contour filter
and export output of vtk to a file (see
archive of messages, I posted a question
about that 1 month ago), then browse
the output.

The problem is that you probably use a dll,
and you cannot trace through this dll, as you
don't have its source.

If you really want to go deap inside code,
add vtkContourFilter.cxx to your code,
suppress the export statement and
rename the class to another name
(myContourFilter ?) in the .h and .cxx (change class::,
constructor and destructor) to avoid conflicts,
and compile it with your code, use myContourFilter,
put breakpoints in it, to see what it does.

There is probably some cleverer things to do,
but I am not really what one would call a C++
expert at this time.

Good luck

Seb