[vtkusers] vtk in c++ question

Galen Wilkerson galen at compbio.washington.edu
Wed Jan 15 17:57:31 EST 2003

Hi,

Pardon my ignorance, but I've been using vtk with python up until now.

How do I compile a vtk c++ program?

I have vtk version 4.0, and redhat 7.3.  when I compile the sphere example
with g++, I get the following errors.  I think I just need to set some
environment variables -

%g++ sphere.cc
sphere.cc:1:29: vtkSphereSource.h: No such file or directory
sphere.cc:2:31: vtkPolyDataMapper.h: No such file or directory
sphere.cc:3:22: vtkActor.h: No such file or directory
sphere.cc:4:29: vtkRenderWindow.h: No such file or directory
sphere.cc:5:25: vtkRenderer.h: No such file or directory
sphere.cc:6:39: vtkRenderWindowInteractor.h: No such file or directory

thanks!

-Galen

Computational Biology Research Group
http://compbio.washington.edu/