[vtkusers] Segmentation Fault

donna at v1.wustl.edu donna at v1.wustl.edu
Wed Jan 15 09:46:26 EST 2003

Hi Dingrong,

As David suggested, I have had seg faults with python/tcl/tk/vtk due to
a mismatch between the header files (e.g., tk.h) found by vtk while
building tk-dependent classes and the actual libraries (e.g., tk.so)
linked at run-time.

But also I have had luck using the vtkpython executable (see
Wrapping/Python subdirectory in your VTK build tree) in lieu of the
python executable built in my Python build tree.

I don't understand why vtkpython works when python doesn't, but such is
the case for me.

Donna Hanlon