[vtkusers] Precedence of events in vtkInteractorStyleUser

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Sat Jan 11 16:27:41 EST 2003

Hi,

i wonder, if mousemove events have precedence over OnLeftButtonUp
events. Our application is doing quite a bit of redrawing each time the
mouse is moved with the left mouse button pressed. Here's what happens:

i clicks somewhere in my view and hold the mouse pressed. then i  start
moving the mouse and everything updates fine, with maybe a 40ms lag or
something (cause thats the time needed to update the graphics).

Now, when i release the mouse button while moving the mouse, the
OnLeftButtonUp method is not called until _after_ i stop moving the
mouse.

Thid can be quite annoying, since the cursor will start follwing the
mouse, if i click and then too quickly move the pointer from its click
location (in less than the afformentioned approx. 40ms).

Any hints? I keep the state of clicked buttons in a simple boolean var.

mista.tapas at gmx.net
http://www.arted.biz/mista.tapas