[vtkusers] Can't build nightly build; can't resolve vtkPlaneWidget

Alan Stein alan at vuesonix.com
Fri Jan 10 19:27:47 EST 2003

I've successfully built the stable 4.0 version of VTK with Java wrappers,
but I want to use the vtkCanvas class which doesn't seem to be included in
the stable release.  I've pulled the nightly version off the server and
verified that the vtkCanvas class is included in nightly build, but
unfortunately, the build always seems to hang.

Things stop when compiling when compiling VTK/Wrapping/Java/vtk/vtkCanvas.java
because the compiler cannot resolve the symbols "vtkPlaneWidget" and
"vtkBoxWidget" when building the vtkCanvas class.

Is there a trick to building the nightly build?

Thanks in advance,
   --as

BTW, I'm trying to build the 1/9/03 nightly build (Src and Data) with Java
wrappers on a RH 7.2 platform.