[vtkusers] All Newbie Questions

Joseph Griffin jgriffin at pclnet.net
Fri Jan 10 17:14:41 EST 2003

Hello,
Wow, you talk about being over whelmed with this stuff...

I'm on a WIN2K box with MSVC 6.0 and CMake

I downloaded the binaries and the source. I built the source and noticed the
*big* difference in file stucture and type (*.exe verses *.dll). Why?

How you do get the compiler directives (In vtkWin32Header.h) to behave? I was
trying to build the examples and it would stop dead when it ran across
VTK_COMMON_EXPORT. I also downloaded the developer package. Python stuff works
fine...

Thanks for any help given. Joseph

"A living dog is better than a dead lion."    Ecclesiastes 9:4