[vtkusers] vtkFieldData and strings

Grant Wagner kithera at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 7 15:47:48 EST 2003

I'm expermenting with storing an array of strings as part of a vtkFieldData object. Initially, I thought I might be able to do it by simply typecasting a char * to a void * and storing them in a vtkVoid Array, but I was unsuccessful. It appears that vtkDataWrite does not support the vtkVoidArray in any sense (errors out with a "Type currently not supported" message). Would anyone happen to have any creative ideas?

Grant

Grant Wagner
University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Senior
Graphics and Visualization Lab (GAVL), Research Assistant
Retro Gaming addict.
Kithera at Yahoo.com   AIM:Kithera03 ICQ:32026512
Y!: Kithera MSN: Kithera at yahoo.com
(410) 451-6662