[vtkusers] problem with vtkPanel

Jan-Gerrit Drexhage jdrexhage at wiwi.uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Jan 7 09:21:49 EST 2003

Hi all together,

I have a little problem with Java.

I just wanted to try to use the vtkPanel and see if it works. For that i
wrote a little program with this code:

Dummy.java

import vtk.*;

public class Dummy {

      VTKmyFrame testFrame = new VTKmyFrame();

  }

}

VTKmyFrame.java:

import vtk.*;

import java.awt.*;

import javax.swing.*;

import java.io.InputStream;

public class VTKmyFrame extends JFrame{

  // in the static contructor we load in the native code

  // The libraries must be in your path to work

  static {

    System.loadLibrary("vtkCommonJava");

    System.loadLibrary("vtkFilteringJava");

    System.loadLibrary("vtkIOJava");

    System.loadLibrary("vtkImagingJava");

    System.loadLibrary("vtkGraphicsJava");

    System.loadLibrary("vtkRenderingJava");

    System.loadLibrary("vtkHybridJava");

  }

  static int res = 20;

  static double rad = 0.2;

  vtkPanel vtkpane = new vtkPanel();;

  Container content = new Container();

  public VTKmyFrame() {

    this.setSize(800,600);

    vtkCylinderSource cylinder1 = new vtkCylinderSource();

    cylinder1.SetResolution(res);

    cylinder1.SetRadius(0.01);

    cylinder1.SetHeight(2);

    vtkPolyDataMapper cylinder1Mapper = new vtkPolyDataMapper();

    cylinder1Mapper.SetInput(cylinder1.GetOutput());

    vtkActor cylinder1Actor = new vtkActor();

    cylinder1Actor.SetMapper(cylinder1Mapper);

    cylinder1Actor.SetPosition(0.0, 0.0, 0.0);

    cylinder1Actor.SetOrientation(90.0, 0.0, 0.0);

    vtkpane.GetRenderer().AddActor(cylinder1Actor);

    content.add(vtkpane);

    this.setTitle("myvtkFrame");

    this.setVisible(true);

  }

}

If i start this i get a 800x600 Window with grey background and nothing
happen. I used the vtkPanel as it was written in SimpleVTK.java
(/vtkdir/Wrapping/Java).

If you found the error(s) then please reply, thanks in Advance and a
Happy New Year to you all :-)

Greets

Jan-Gerrit Drexhage