[vtkusers] problem using vtkRenderWindowInteractor with data updates under Java

J.A. Lee jeff at cdnorthamerica.com
Mon Jan 6 16:10:26 EST 2003

You can look at TestVTKCanvas.java to see how
vtkRenderWindowInteractor(vtkGenericRenderWindowInteractor) works with
java's AWT event thread.  The examples are available in vtk4.x cvs.  How
is your data updating?  Manually? in another process? on another thread?
 If you are modifying the data on another thread, you must be very
careful that the pipeline isn't trying to update (as a result of
interaction) at the same time you are changing the data.  A good way to
do this is to only use the AWT event thread to update the data set.
-Jeff