[vtkusers] problem using vtkRenderWindowInteractor with data updates under Java

Alan alan at vuesonix.com
Mon Jan 6 14:32:42 EST 2003

Hi,
I'm using vtk4.0 under Linux (RH7.2) with Java:, and I'm trying to find
a way to allow updates to my volume-rendered data while still allowing
the user to interact with object via a vtkRenderWindowInteractor .
After searching this forum, it seems like this may be possible using
timers and an observer that updates the data, but implementing this has
proven to be very difficult due to lack of sample code and possibly some
vtk/X/Java interactions (eg, threading).

Can anyone point me toward a simple example of Java code that allows
data-updates (eg, to my volume rendered data) while allowing the user to
manipulate the object via the vtkRenderWindowInteractor?

Thanks much.
  --Alan