[vtkusers] RenderWindow question...

Tuhin tk.sinha at vanderbilt.edu
Thu Feb 27 15:06:00 EST 2003

Hey users,

  I'm having a vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow problem.  It seems that when a user
deletes the window the link between the window and VTK isn't cut.
Specifically, vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow::Mapped is not reset and
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow::WindowId is not set to 0x0.  Thus, when a Render()
call is made to the window (after the user has deleted the window) I get a
SIGPIPE.  I have done a little X programming in the past and have used WM
events (i.e. WM_DELETE_WINDOW) to tell me when my window was being destroyed.
I looked through the VTK nightly source and I couldn't find any classes that
used WM_DELETE_WINDOW or the call 'XSetWMProtocols' function that one uses to
set WM event notifications.

  Am I to assume that tracking window deletion is solely up to me when coding
in C++... or are there methods in VTK that I am missing to handle this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Tuhin Sinha
--
Graduate Research Assistant