[vtkusers] GetPosition of an actor that belongs to an assembly

Paul paulstjohn at cogeco.ca
Thu Feb 27 09:29:58 EST 2003

Hi Nikos,

The actors position is relative to it's parent in the assembly, which is why
it is always the default
start position.

I get the 'global' position by iterating over the assembly path (don't
forget a stop condition in case
the actor in question has any children) and concatenating the transforms
along the way.

HTH,
Paul St. John
www.visible-bytes.com