[vtkusers] Suppressing error output

Tarjei Knapstad tarjeik at chemcon.no
Thu Feb 27 06:54:55 EST 2003

When rendering I get a few errors printed to stderr:

ERROR: In /usr/local/lib/VTK/Common/vtkPolyLine.cxx, line 97
vtkPolyLine (0x8d46260): Coincident points in polyline...can't compute
normals

ERROR: In /usr/local/lib/VTK/Graphics/vtkTubeFilter.cxx, line 165
vtkTubeFilter (0x83d5d88): No normals for line!

Is it possible to suppress these warnings by calling DebugOff()? I'm
also wondering, is the default for debugging set to on/off when
compiling Vtk?

Would it be better to fix my app by allways checking that the points in
a polyline are not coincident, and thus don't render the
actor->tubefilter->polyline? (It doesn't really affect the rendering in
any way. The tube isn't shown, but that doesn't matter when the points
coincide)). If so, what is the best method of checking?

Thanks,
--
Tarjei