[vtkusers] bug with multiple render windows?

Jeff Lee jeff at cdnorthamerica.com
Fri Feb 21 09:32:52 EST 2003

John Biddiscombe wrote:

>the next week is wild guessing. If you have any hints for me and Nick,
>I'd be very happy.
><<<
>
>My prime enemy for leaks is when the ReleaseGraphicsResources is called on actors/textures etc
>
>If a renderwindow is freed, sometimes, actors that have resources linked to the display context still exist and need to free themselves first. I'm very careful in my code to ensure all acttors are checked before any windows are destroyed and also, when an actor is removed from a window, that it needs to call release graphics resources too.

Yes, I have the same problem in java with ReleaseGraphicsResources
getting called when the RenderWindow is freed - you need to be sure that
all the actors are cleaned up first though, or really bad things can
happen.  I'm not sure if this is a design problem or a bug.  Any
comments from someone at vtk?
-Jeff