[vtkusers] error reading ascii file for structured points

Seema Jaisinghani seemri at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 20 17:11:45 EST 2003

--- Prabhu Ramachandran <prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in>
wrote:
> writes:
>
>     SJ> Hi, I am trying to read an ascii .vtk file
> for structured
>     SJ> points. the file reads the header and also
> identifies that
>     SJ> it's ascii format but it fails to read
> further and gives these
>     SJ> errors..
>
> Use reader->DebugOn();
>
> To get a few more helpful debug messages and see if
> that helps.

I used vtkOutputWindow to get the errors..and used
reader->DebugOn()..I am using this file's data for
input to a marchingcubes filter and get an output
file..
Surprisingly enough, the output files are being
generated and they have some polydata too(which
atleast looks fine)..but still the error in the log
file persists.." error in reading ascii data" and
"non-manifod geometry encountered"..for all the
marching cubes, decimate, triangle strips,
polydatanormals cxx files etc..
I cannot understand why this error re-appears and
whether the output files are good to use for further
application or if they have incomplete data.