[vtkusers] Java wrappers with under RH8.0

Jeff Lee jeff at cdnorthamerica.com
Thu Feb 13 09:03:58 EST 2003

Thomas Gibson wrote:

>I've play around with VTK to some extent in the past
>running C++ code.
>
>I am curious what package versions (Java, VTK) people
>are using under RH8.0 to get a relatively current
>Java/VTK setup operational.  I tried the binary VTK
>RPMs referenced on the home site and j2sdk_1.4 but
>encountered problems
>
>with loading AWT  when running
>the examples.  C++/TCL/Python demos work properly for
>the most part.
>
>Additionally, I've tried building a current version of
>VTK but encountered considerably build problems with
>Java parts of the build.  If anyone could provide
>details on their setup(versions, gotchas, etc) it
>would be greatly appreciated.  Setup with binary RPMs
>with obviously be preferred over building it myself.

I don't know much about the rpms, but they are not official.  If you
build vtk yourself, CMake should set up your makefiles correctly right
out of the box.  Just do cvs checkout of vtk and cmake.  The build is
pretty painless, and then if you still have problems I would be happy to
guide you through.
-Jeff