[vtkusers] Java wrappers with under RH8.0

Thomas Gibson tegibson at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 13 08:38:28 EST 2003

I've play around with VTK to some extent in the past
running C++ code.

I am curious what package versions (Java, VTK) people
are using under RH8.0 to get a relatively current
Java/VTK setup operational.  I tried the binary VTK
RPMs referenced on the home site and j2sdk_1.4 but
encountered problems with loading AWT  when running
the examples.  C++/TCL/Python demos work properly for
the most part.

Additionally, I've tried building a current version of
VTK but encountered considerably build problems with
Java parts of the build.  If anyone could provide
details on their setup(versions, gotchas, etc) it
would be greatly appreciated.  Setup with binary RPMs
with obviously be preferred over building it myself.

Thanks in advance,
Tom