[vtkusers] newbie questions

Mike Carifio carifio at usys.com
Tue Feb 11 08:13:12 EST 2003

Sorry for the newbie questions, but here goes:

1) I'd like to get the vtk books, but they appear to be
   out of stock. I sent some email to kitware and I'm
   sure they'll respond shortly. My question: is there
   any other avenue to purchase the books?

2) I'm looking into using vtk for an application to
   visualize some data. I want the application to be
   interactive in the sense that if the user changes
   an independent variable with (say) a GUI slider
   control, then the dependent variable(s) and their
   visualization(s) change. So there's this idea that
   the user can "explore" the space of independent
   variables and see the corresponding changes on
   the display, in real time. Is vtk suited to this
   sort of application?

Thanks.