[vtkusers] vtkOpenGLVolumeTextureMapper2D too slow

Bradley Lowekamp lowekab at mail.nlm.nih.gov
Mon Feb 10 11:11:46 EST 2003

Hello all,
	I was trying to render with the volume texture mapper a medium size
volume 256x256x256, and the performance seemed rather poor. The ray
caster at a lower resolution actually ran faster. I poked around in the
code for the openGL volume texture mapper and it appears that it does
not uses Texture Objects  so it does not take advantage of any on board
memory the card has. Why has this not been implemented? volView?
compatibility? or is it already out there some place?

thanks,