[vtkusers] Render() method acting slowly

Lisa Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Thu Feb 6 22:55:12 EST 2003

Hello Richard,

How are you moving the spheres? Most likely you are causing the display
lists to be recomputed which tends to be slow. When you rotate / translate
/ zoom you are using the same display list over an over which is faster.
Try setting immediate mode rendering on for the mappers - this will render
without display lists which should be faster for moving your spheres but a
bit slower for the interaction.

Lisa