[vtkusers] Pls help: Multiprocessing

Wong WJ wong_wj at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 6 19:52:51 EST 2003

Hi,
I have finish working on assigning different actors to be rendered by
different processors and return the mapper at the end to the root processor
so that a final display can be shown.

But right now, I would like to do it another way. Let say one processor has
finish processing 100 actors and return the mapper, I would like to assign
another 100 actors to it on top of the existing actors. I would not like
that processor to re-render the 200 actors but just the additional 100 actor
and return the same mapper.

The main problem now is how do I know if the sub processor have finished and
return the mapper? Also how can I add the additional actors to the the
mapper?

Hope you understand what I saying....

SO is it possible to do it that way?? What are the things I need to look
into? or I shd use other multiprocessing method?
Tks all help is greatly appreciated

Wong WJ