[vtkusers] Volume visualization

Seema Jaisinghani seemri at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 6 16:13:43 EST 2003

Hi VTK users,

I have some volume data (of the order of a 400x400x400
cube) which needs to be visualized.
It consists of 3 different kinds of objects.The scalar
value at each point represents which object  does it
lie within. So there are basically 4 vaules
only(objects+cavity). The data does not represent the
surface of any object, rather which object it is
contained in.
I am looking for the best and efficient way to render
it out. I am wondering if volumeraycasting is the
option or if marching cubes would be a better way for
this.
Also, the data will be time-varying at a later stage
of the project.
I am still learning VTK.
Thanks for sharing your ideas.

Seema