[vtkusers] VTK support for QSA?

Stefan Bruckner stefan.bruckner at chello.at
Thu Feb 6 11:43:52 EST 2003

Hi!

I'm just evaluating QSA (Qt Script for Applications) from Trolltech
(currently in beta state). QSA is an ECMAScript based scripting language
(comparable to VBA) and includes a very nice IDE. Like for the Qt
library itself there will be a free edition for X11.

It's mainly intended for adding scripting capability to Qt classes but
also has an interface for extending non-QObject-based classes.

I am wondering if there are plans to use VTK's wrapping mechanism to
generate wrappers for QSA. Given the fact that VTK already supports TCL,
Python, Java ... this should be fairly easy (?)

Since many people use Qt as a user-interface for their VTK applications
this would be a very nice, very powerful, feature. With very little
effort full extensibility could be added to existing applications ...

I'm looking forward to your comments.

--
Thanks,
Stefan Bruckner