[vtkusers] Builing vtk4.0 on MacOSX 10.2

Hans Nikolaus Beck HNBeck at t-online.de
Wed Feb 5 08:06:22 EST 2003

Hi,

I start a build which stops by linking the libvtkRendering.dylib
with the message "undefined symbols":

ld: Undefined symbols:
.objc_class_name_NSEvent
_NSApp
_objc_msgSend
.objc_class_name_NSApplication
.objc_class_name_NSAutoreleasePool
_objc_msgSend_stret
.objc_class_name_NSTimer
.objc_class_name_NSWindow
_objc_msgSendSuper
.objc_class_name_NSConstantString
.objc_class_name_NSOpenGLPixelFormat
.objc_class_name_NSOpenGLView
_NSLog
__NSConstantStringClassReference

I think it is a wrong configuration, but for which are these messages a
   hint which configuration could be wrong ? Graphics, Imaging an so on
compiled and linked fine.

I used Cmake 1.4.x toggle TCL wrap off an Python wrap on an shared
libraries on, the rest was unchanged to the defaults given by Cmake run
(ok, I removed an old CC Flag entry in vtkCmakeOption.cmake according to
a posting of this list).

Thank you very much for help

Greetings

Hans