[vtkusers] Re: rotating a plane

Craig N. Scott craig.scott at csiro.au
Tue Feb 4 18:05:09 EST 2003

Holding the left mouse button and moving the mouse rotates a view or
actor in the usual way. If, however, you hold down <Ctrl> as well,
rotation is restricted to the view plane. This is at least true for
vtkRenderWindowInteractor with Vtk 4.0.

The documentation for vtkInteractorStyle does not mention this, so I
don't know if it just needs updating or if this is an undocumented
feature.

http://www.vtk.org/doc/release/4.0/html/classvtkInteractorStyle.html#_details

Not sure if this helps your situation.

> Message: 8
> Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 13:12:14 -0500
> From: Jeff Lee <jeff at cdnorthamerica.com>
> To: v.dercksen at suave.nl
> Cc: vtkusers at public.kitware.com
> Subject: Re: [vtkusers] rotating a plane
>
> Have you looked at vtkPlaneWidget?
> -Jeff
>
> Vincent wrote:
>
> >Hi Marcio,
> >
> >Thank you for your reaction. Creating a rotated plane is not really the
> >problem, the problem is the interaction.  I would like to create a rectangle
> >around a 2D object. This rectangle should have handles to rotate and scale
> >the object (like in many drawing programs). I'm looking for some kind of
> >widget with the desired mouse behaviour already implemented (or another good
> >solution of course :) ).
> >Please let me know if you (or anyone) have a suggestion.
> >
> >Vincent Dercksen

<snip>

--
Dr Craig Scott, CSIRO (CMIS)