[vtkusers] vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter question about extracted region id's

Berk Geveci berklist at nycap.rr.com
Tue Dec 30 14:26:20 EST 2003

>From vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter.cxx:

  // Traverse all cells marking those visited.  Each new search
  // starts a new connected region. Connected region grows
  // using a connected wave propagation.

Since each cell is visited in order, the id of a region depends on it's
cell with the smallest id. For example, the region which contains cell 0
will be region 0.

-Berk

Berk Geveci <berklist at nycap.rr.com>