[vtkusers] vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter question about extracted region id's

Aysegul Gunduz aysgunduz at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 30 14:00:03 EST 2003

Hi all,

I was wondering how the extracted regions are given their region ids.  Is
there some kind of convention?
Or in other words how do I know the id of the region I want to add?
Thanks,

A Gunduz

Hi Audrius -

At 01:00 PM 4/20/2001 -0400, you wrote:

>aContourTestPolyData = aConnectivityFilter->GetOutput( iContourRegion);

The filter produces a single output. Normally you set the mode of the
filter to extract a specified region (or regions) and then grab the output
similar to:

aConnectivityFilter = vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter::New();
aConnectivityFilter->SetInput( aContourMarchingSquares->GetOutput() );
aConnectivityFilter->ScalarConnectivityOff();
aConnectivityFilter->SetExtractionModeToSpecifiedRegions();
aConnectivityFilter->InitializeSpecifiedRegionList();
aConnectivityFilter->AddSpecifiedRegion(iContourRegion);
aConnectivityFilter->Update();

vtkPolyData *aContourTestPolyData = aConnectivityFilter->GetOutput();

Will