[vtkusers] same Renderer in 2 windows

Andres Barrera andresba at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 18 20:45:55 EST 2003

Dear list,

  I want to display the same scene in two different windows, from different
points of view.

  My idea was to create a vtkRenderer with two cameras, and render in into 2
diferent vtkRenderWindows switching the active one.

  The problem I have is that after the initialization, whenever I call
     "  *
	*
	renWIN->Render();
        renWIN_AUX->Render();
	*
	*"
  only the "renWIN_AUX" is refreshed. (if in the initialization I first
assign the renderer -"renGENERAL"- to "renWIN_AUX", then only "renWIN" is
updated.) See code below...

  Can anyone help me here?

  Thank you in advance.

     Andres

  My initialization:

void vtk_Initialization()
{
	*
	*
	*
  renGENERAL = vtkRenderer::New();              //renderer...
  renWIN     = vtkRenderWindow::New();          //window
  iREN       = vtkRenderWindowInteractor::New();//interactor

     renWIN->AddRenderer(renGENERAL);
     iREN = vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor::New();
     iREN->SetRenderWindow(renWIN);               // begin mouse interaction
     vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera *IC =
vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera::New();
     iREN->SetInteractorStyle( IC);

  renWIN_AUX     = vtkRenderWindow::New();          //window
  iREN_AUX       = vtkRenderWindowInteractor::New();

     renWIN_AUX->AddRenderer(renGENERAL);
     iREN_AUX = vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor::New();
     iREN_AUX->SetRenderWindow(renWIN_AUX);               // begin mouse
interaction
	*
	*
	*