[vtkusers] window coordinate and voxel relations

Zhizhong Zhang yalang at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 18 10:09:05 EST 2003

Dear VTKians,
Thanks in advance for any help that you may provide. I want to click on a image rendered with an image. From the coordinates on the window I would like to determine the first voxel the casting ray hits. How do I do that?

Mike

jiang <jiang at TI.Uni-Trier.DE> wrote:

Dear VTK users,
I have an image which is signed short type. If I want to display it as a
grayscale [0,255], I should cast it to unsigned char type. I know setting
different window width and window center to the image will get different
result. It could be light or dard, show some details or not. I want to know,
is there a such function in VTK so that I can set window width and window
center easily?

Thank you very much!

Chunyan