[vtkusers] Blinking actors during picking

Jenny Simpson simpson at cs.utah.edu
Mon Dec 15 14:30:08 EST 2003

I have an application using Vtk that involves picking of several actors
such as spheres, boxes, etc.  I notice that when I pick on an object in
order to have text appear near the object, other objects in the scene
"blink", that is they appear and disappear a few times before the image
returns to normal.  Even objects that should be obscured are visible for a
short amount of time while the picking is being processed.  This is more
pronounced on slower machines.  Why does this happen?  Is there a way to
prevent it from happening?

Thanks,

Jenny Simpson
Scientific Computing and Imaging Institute
University of Utah