[vtkusers] disappearing windows in Java w/vtk

Shyam Prakash ramakrishna.prakash at quest-global.com
Tue Dec 9 23:41:46 EST 2003

Chris,
	This is the problem of mixing lightweight and heavyweight java
components. vtkCanvas extends java.awt.Canvas and hence it is a
heavyweight component where as all your swing components are
lightweight. The heavy weight components do not follow the z-buffer
order and they always remain on top. Follow these links and you can find
more information.

http://java.sun.com/products/jfc/tsc/articles/mixing/

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-heavy.html

http://www.j3d.org/faq/swing.html#tabs

http://www.j3d.org/tutorials/quick_fix/swing.html

--Shyam

Of
> Christopher M. Navarro
> Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 4:56 AM
> To: vtkusers at vtk.org
> Subject: [vtkusers] disappearing windows in Java w/vtk
>

> I have a JFrame that contains a vtkCanvas object and then another
JFrame