[vtkusers] Mesa 5.0.2 not drawing

Berk Geveci berklist at nycap.rr.com
Mon Dec 8 11:08:26 EST 2003

Unfortunately, it is not enough to replace renderers and render windows.
You also have to replace all mappers and actors (cameras, lights,
properties and textures too, if you are creating them yourself) with
mesa equivalents. This essentially requires duplicating your whole
rendering pipeline (if you want to have both hardware accelerated
rendering and mangled mesa rendering). If you want to use mesa classes
only, make the following calls in the beginning of your program:
      vtkGraphicsFactory::SetUseMesaClasses(1);
      vtkImagingFactory::SetUseMesaClasses(1);

Then, you can create all rendering objects as usual and the factories
will handle creating the mesa classes.

-Berk

Berk Geveci <berklist at nycap.rr.com>