[vtkusers] Using VTK w/ Java - Can't get past VtkInit error

Fran Fabrizio fran at cis.uab.edu
Thu Dec 4 17:44:11 EST 2003

I posted about this yesterday, but I think the detailed nature of the
question yesterday scared folks off.  When a day goes by with zero
response, it's usually because I did not ask the appropriate question.
:-)

More generally, I've yet to get Java-based Vtk working.  I receive an
UnsatisfiedLinkError when JNI (I presume) attempts to find VTKInit.  If
someone could point towards what VTKInit is and what library it lives
in, that might help me determine why it can't be found from the Java
wrappers.  Or, from the vtkCommonJava.so that's being called from the
Java wrappers, anyhow.  And then I can at least massage my
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and similar to see if that helps.

Sorry to be so basic - I'm not a C++ or Java developer - I'm a sysadmin
helping a professor to set this up for him and his students.  I've no
knowledge of Vtk (or C++) programming itself.  Any help would be much
appreciated.

Original message from yesterday is below.

Thanks,
Fran